Author: Philip Lee Hewitson - Google+
Despite being your standard buffet option, finger buffets are ideal for the majority of social and business events, they are simple but enjoyed by all.
How many people do you know that go to a social event just for the buffet?
The idea behind a finger buffet is that there is no need for cutlery, with guests using their ‘fingers’ to pick up their food. For this reason the food needs to be simple to pick up and easy to eat with just fingers.
If you are doing your own finger buffet then the choice of food is very much down to personal preference, but remember, if you need a fork to eat it then it shouldn’t be on a finger buffet.
Most finger buffets include foods such as:
- Sandwiches - whether its sliced bread or buns, sandwiches are ideal for a finger buffet. You can include both white and brown bread to add a bit of variety. The list of fillings is endless, don’t be scared to think outside the box but be careful to cater for vegetarians.
- Corned beef slices - homemade or shop bought, corned beef pie is a great family favourite. Why not cut your pie into small slices and add them to your buffet? Be careful not to cut your slices too big, you don’t want guests using forks to eat your finger buffet.
- Quiche - cheese and onion, ham, tuna and sweet corn, there is a whole range of fillings you can use to make your quiche a buffet favourite. Why not include a variety? Like to corned beef slices, be careful not to cut your quiche into large slices.
- Spring rolls - an oriental favourite and a great item to include in a finger buffet. For variety it may be best to include both vegetable and meat spring rolls (duck). Spring rolls can be served either hot or cold.
- Crisps - very popular, especially with kids, crisps help add a bit of variety to a finger buffet. Remember to try and include a range of flavours. You could also add nuts and nachos if you really wanted to provide a full range of savoury snacks.
- Chicken nuggets - another popular choice for kids but don’t be scared to include chicken nuggets, the adults secretly love them too. If you are to include a dip then put your nuggets on cocktail sticks, this will once more keep the theme of a finger buffet.
- Samosas - again a snack taken from the oriental range. Like spring rolls you can get various sizes and flavours of samosas so provide a range, after all you don’t want to disappoint your guests.
- Pizza - best cut into small slices, pizza is often the first thing to disappear from a finger buffet, everyone loves it. If you really want to impress then why not have a go at making your own pizza? Provide a variety of toppings and everyone will be smiling.
- Goujons - similar to chicken nuggets everyone secretly loves a goujon. No need to add cocktail sticks with this one but again it may be wise to supply a salsa dip.
- Vol au vents - one for the traditionalists. Vol au vents are ideal for a finger buffet, regardless of the filling. From prawn mayonnaise to chicken and mushroom, vol au vents are always going to be popular regardless.
Making your own finger buffet takes time and a decent amount of space to prepare each item, if you want hastle free party planning using a catering company like ours is a lot less stressful!
Ordering is easy below are some suggestions to get you started.
6 Finger Buffet Choices
We offer six finger buffet menus if your part is small 30 or less guests
we would suggest choosing just one of the menus as this will provide enough varity, If you are catering for larger groups a good idea is to choose more than one finger buffet menu.
Catering for 50 guests
25 x menu 16
25 x menu 17
This increases the choice and prevents the buffet looking repetitive on the table.
Catering for 50 guests
20 x menu 12
20 x menu 13
+ 2 food platters
This option gives a good selection of food and the food platters make a very nice centre piece.
Food platters are not only attractive but they save space! If you only have a limited amount of space at your home, venue or work the food platters we offer are perfect for your needs.
All the items are buffet style the only hard part is deciding the ones you would like!
If you need any help with party planning or office catering please feel free to give the team a call we are more than happy to help and give you some advice if you need it. 0191 3863682
Finger Buffet Food Guide For Party Planning ?